Feb 28, 2010

Poppy Boxed Set

Did I mention before I've become hooked on making these boxed sets? Well that hasn't changed!  I completed another last week and here it is.  Hope you're not tired of looking at these because I'm sure there will be a few more.  Here goes!


Outside of box with lid on. 
Sorry, I have a huge need to state the obvious.
I'm working on it though.



I'll bet you can't guess what this is. Yep, you got it.
Inside of box with lid off.
I said I was working on it.

A couple of things seriously. . . The set of six cards in the rear section of the box are the largest (I thought that was fitting) and are standard A2.
The mid-size cards at front left measure 3 1/4" x 3 3/4" and the little cards at the right front are business size note cards.

The transparent pocket on the front flap contains envelope seals on sticker paper so they're self adhesive and match the set.  These are an optional use item as all three envelopes are self-adhesive.

Here are detail pictures of each:



The A2 card has a top fold and the envelope is purchased then lined to match the set.



A little closer view.



Mid-sized card with hand-made envelope.





The little, business sized card with hand-made envelope.


There are some things to note.  The business size note card was embellished with heavy weight patterned paper using a Martha Steward border punch.  While I love Martha's punches they are not up to the task on heavy papers and card stock on the highly detailed punches.  In this case since I used paper with a white back and core, I was left with very "furry" openings which required sanding with very little tools and my craft knife to take out boulder (just kidding) sized pieces.  I quickly grew tired of this process and became less picky. Click on the image and you can really see, yuk!  This is not, I repeat not, a combination I would use again.

Also, since I used darker cardstock with the exception of the A2 card, I've lined all three sizes of cards with a nice watermark bond typing paper with a nice finish.

So, there you have it.  Any questions?  Don't hesitate to drop me an email and I'll get back to you promptly.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one - hint, hint! :-) (And the one below with the butterflies too!) Your blog looks awesome, you will have to give me some pointers.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Recent News

Translate

Search This Blog