That said, the request was made for natural colors so I started with a latte colored, handmade pastel paper. It presented some challenges because of the softness and texture but in the end I enjoyed working with it. I used mostly an 05 Micron pen for the tangle patterns and an 08 for all of the outlining. This is by far the largest piece I've completed using tangle patterns; the outlining and letters alone took seven hours.The piece finished up at 16 inches square or there about and I finished the edges with a deckle edge pair of scissors. Phillis (the picture) is at Staples as this is being posted, waiting for lamination. I thought about all kinds of different all-weather coatings and finally ended up with lamination. The finished piece will be adhered to plywood, sealed and hung on the new house.
I had an enormous amount of fun working on this and it's spawned a whirlwind of nature images in my head. I best go feed the beasties!
Thanks for stopping by!