Jan 29, 2014

Ikea Kitchen Carts for Your Studio

Ikea Kitchen Carts for Your Studio

The Raskog Kitchen Carts available at Ikea are fantastic movable storage for your work area or studio.  I've been asked about these so many times, most recently on Facebook, that I thought I would show everyone how I use them and how fantastic they are.

The photos below are close to a year old and since then I've added a wooden table (and lots of other stuff) to my studio, replacing the Costco folding table I worked on for years.  The carts work great alongside both setups.


This is a photo of the "dry" work area of the studio and the floor is carpeted.  The carts roll around with no problem, even fully loaded.





The hanging containers really serve to expand the storage of these carts and can actually be hung on all four sides and all three levels.  Here's a link to one of the styles I also found at Ikea in the kitchen gadget area. They are so inexpensive you can really go wild!

I live in a small coastal town on the Oregon coast and its a two hour drive to Portland and the nearest Ikea.  So a friend of mine and I took orders from our friends and did a road trip to Ikea one Saturday last winter. We came back with a car full of carts!
Thankfully all of this is available online but we figured our fuel and lunch would cost less than the shipping!




Since establishing a "wet" area in my studio, I've moved one of the carts beside the easel so it now holds only paints, brushes and mediums.  I'm thinking I need a third cart to fill the space I moved this one from.  Yes?

Thanks for stopping by, if you have any questions, leave a comment below.

Hugs!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I love that you added links to the baskets that hang on outside. I really love your studio and want to come and create in it! So organized and inviting.......and you know how I love that. I come by the o/c naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your comment! And anytime you're going to be in the area....I enjoy inviting people to come work with me although it's really cheating to call it work!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Recent News

Translate

Search This Blog