May 13, 2007

At Pacific City


It being Mother's Day, I thought I would post the pictures and pages I recently completed but from our celebration at Pacific City last year. The pages are an outcome from a Karen Russell class and I began thinking a little differently as a result when it came to design especially on the first page. I enlarged the main picture and cropped out the bottom of it. I distressed the edges and then cut a slit in the overlay and cut around the part of my granddaughter's image that I wanted to slip through the overlay. I then cut around her thumb so I could insert a matted picture of another shot of her on the beach the same day. The whole thing really produced a 3-D effect. The only disappointing thing about this posted picture is the overlay line shows up when the page is outside of the page protector. If you would like to try something similar to this, rest assured when the page is in the protector, the overlay line does not show. Anyway, I was happy with the results and the effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Recent News

Translate

Search This Blog