Sep 17, 2009

Digital Design - Hard Copy Recipe Book




I've been playing with digital scrapbooking over the past several months and found a great opportunity to create a family recipe book for my daughter's wedding. After gathering recipes from family members along with photos for each, I used Photoshop Elements 7 and put together a pretty good selection. I used .png and .jpeg file elements from all over the internet but my favorite source continues to be http://scrapgirls.com. The site offers an incredible selection of the most beautiful elements.
Because I'm not very skilled at this point, the project was time consuming but I was pleased with the results and glad I undertook the project. I also learned so much during the process and that was a major plus! I've posted three of the cards above. Because of the 4 x 6 inch format, it was so easy to print everything on photo paper, slip them into 4 x 6 sheet protectors and create a cover which I then bound with my Zutter. Unfortunately, I didn't stop to take pictures of the finished product, perhaps I'll get a chance to post that later. I'm already thinking about creating a full set of all of my favorite recipes with one central design theme! O.k., another project on the list of so many! Another added bonus was the fact I burned a disc with all of the individual recipe files and included that with the bound book so my daughter can share if she wants!
If you haven't investigated digital scrapbooking or hybrid scrapbooking, check it out, you'll be amazed.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Trisha,

    I'm pretty happy with blogging as my "scrapbook" format, but I'm interested in what software you used. Maybe you mentioned it, I'll go back and read the post. I tried some kind of digital scrapbooking about a year or so ago, and it seemed cumbersome. Now I can't remember what it was, unless it was a scrapbook that came with a Market America Family Website. That may have been it. It's great that you got this done. I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Recent News

Translate

Search This Blog